Day 576 Queen Of Hearts

 

Dreaming of my ticket being drawn for the queen of hearts game at my Elks Lodge. The contest has been going on all winter and I've missed almost every week, I'm determined to be there this week. Tim and I went for dinner and I bought a few tickets, entered into the big drawing and will wait and see what happens this Friday night, fingers crossed. It's a fun game, all fifty two cards are hidden inside envelopes, numbered and put inside a case. Tickets can be purchased for a chance to select an envelope then once your envelope is opened you get a designated amount of $, or the entire pot if you pick the queen of hearts envelope. It's much harder than it seems, with hundreds of people playing all the tickets are scrambled and only one ticket selected every Friday night.... so far it's down to seven remaining cards with the queen still hidden and the pot has climbed to over $18,000...imagine that?! I'm sure on Friday the place will be packed, we'll try to get there early but figured we'd better get our tickets during the week. The Elks is always a great time, old home week for locals, seeing friends from high school and all facets of life. Tim was a good sport as I stopped at each table to say my goodbyes, not wanting to neglect a single old friend. As he was introduced to one of my dads friends, who also is my Facebook friend, he recognized Tim and as he shook Tims hand told him how good he looked in pictures, wait, what?  Seems kind of like a backhanded compliment to me, does it mean he looks better in photos than real life? Either Way, Tim and I had a laugh about it, confident he's a handsome man in real life and photos. I've got an entire rant for another day about people and their critiques... not enough time this morning but I'll get back to it. For now, I'll be eye's the queen, channeling a wee bit of Irish luck, sending vibes out into the universe for my queen of hearts ticket to end the game. Imagine how good Tim and I will look in a photo, holding the queen and a handful of cash?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts