Day 578 My Clan

 

Rain, rain and more rain, a soaker of a day, making my little river exciting to watch as it began to rise and flood the shoreline. I am always curious to see what trash is left behind when the river ebbs and the bank is exposed again. Usually it's the little nip bottles or beer bottles,  making me wonder who still throws trash on the ground?? I had a glorious day off, ok, so it was for a dentist appointment but it was still a day for my own thoughts. My appointment went well, no dental issues, so six months until I go back. With my shiny pearly whites I stopped off at a thrift shop on my way home, shocker! I meandered around like I had all the time in the world, rare for me not to be checking my watch but certainly enjoyable. The skies cleared a bit when I arrived home, enough for me to walk around my backyard checking on my yard, aka the mess  I'll be working on this spring, yard work, ugh. I had a date with friends for dinner, my friend Bethany and I decided to walk to meet everyone. I absolutely love walking on a cold, dark night and fortunately Bethany is happy to join me. We bundled up, donning our flashlights and took the long route to the restaurant to get a bit extra time outside. The rain had stopped, turning to mist but that didn't bother us a bit. I Sat with my girls, laughing and carrying on as each one arrived with a new story and entertaining tale and could have listened to their nonsense all night. What a gift it is when you find your people.... conversation is silly, fun and there's never a stitch of BS. I'm often amazed at how mean young girls can be since, as women, we love and support one another unconditionally. There's a confidence we gain through having a group of friends behind us, just another one of life's safety nets that I'm eternally thankful for. I'm not even sure how the six of us gals became so close, I'm a solid ten to fifteen years older than them....so of course I  remind them I must be wiser! Regardless of our differences we have always been thick as thieves, I love my clan. They all laughed at Bethany and I when we turned down their offers to drive us home, preferring once again to walk. Possibly not a wise decision since the weather had taken a turn for the worse and we found ourselves  struggling against the force of the wind as we made our way home, feeling as though we were walking into the Arctic Tundra but exhilarated by the fresh air. It was a wonderful day, filled with my own thoughts, free time, friends and fresh air.. perfect. 

Comments

Popular Posts