Day 579 Rambling On

 

I snapped this photo at 5pm while walking to my Elks Lodge. Seriously, I walked along, smiling at the lack of traffic during the peak travel hour. I passed a few fellow walkers and of course cars went by occasionally but the peaceful road was a delight. Tim and my brother and sister in law were waiting for me when I arrived, holding a great table. What a pleasure it was to sit with such wonderful company, dine, chat, relax and appreciate our Friday night and our friendship. The lodge was packed due to the Queen of Hearts drawing, everyone showing up for the 7pm results. It was exciting when the bartenders ticket was drawn then followed by the anticipation of unlocking the case and discovering what card she picked. Sadly, her envelope unveiled the seven of hearts...so the queen is still out there! With only six cards left I'm guessing the next few weeks will get even crazier. Speaking of crazy.... my mom texted me a photo she took around 9am of a bobcat on her deck! No joke, it even came up to her glass door and peered inside before exploring every section of her yard, yikes! She's going to need to be careful as she does yard work. Now I have to add being attacked by a bobcat in my own backyard to the list of potential hazards!  My mom lives off the street pictured, what we consider "in town" but must not be as busy as we think. I often wonder if the bike path created a super highway for animals. The clear path stretches from West Kingstown to Narragansett, just over seven miles, it must be an easy stroll into town for wildlife. I've had deer in my backyard and wonder what on earth they are doing there. I imagine if that bobcat came into my yard my chickens would be in trouble, cats are so smart and with a bit of strength my coop wouldn't stand a chance, fingers crossed he went back to the woods. I almost pulled the trigger on some new chicks, still trying to wait for my Easter Eggers but each time I see the tiny little peepers I want to bring them home!! Not sure how much longer I can hold off, still looking for someone to split a dozen with me, but doubt it will be a shocker to anyone if I come home with box filled with chirping babies anytime soon. I may need to prep a cage, water and food dishes for my new arrivals, just to be ready. My flock will be enjoying the leftovers from our dinner, fries and fish will be such a treat. My girls are blissfully unaware they will be getting new friends soon and that there's a bobcat prowling close by! I'll even need to keep on alert as I walk the bike path, maybe I'm blissfully unaware that a bobcat could be sizing me up. Being attacked by a bobcat wouldn't be a great way to go but sure would make a good story! I'll hope that remains a dramatic tale of fiction and my walks remain as uneventful as my street at 5pm. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts