Day 580 Another Adventure

 


Saturdays are my kinda days! I love to wake up and have the entire day ahead of me all to myself. I extend my morning workout, take care of neglected household projects, run errands and still have time for an abundance of fun with friends. My leisurely day even had enough time for me to enjoy a facial, aka an hour of heaven. I made plans ages ago for a night out in honor of my friend Donna's Birthday, we've been anxiously awaiting this date since January. Since we have so much fun singing Karaoke I had searched for a fun venue for us to do our thing and found the perfect spot, Boombox Karaoke. Located in Providence the eight of us jumped into two cars and drove north of the tower to sing our little hearts out. The place has small, private rooms all set up with televisions and the karaoke sound systems, red lights, disco balls and pleather couches...charming! I hadn't taken into account Donna's claustrophobia but after a few minutes she seemed to be fine, relax and once she started singing had no troubles at all.  Our tiny room said it would fit up to ten people, not sure if they figured on pint sized folks but our eight adults seemed to fill the space to the max. Once we shut the door we were in our own private Idaho, singing song after song without a minute of quiet in our little space. The bar just outside our room was packed with people (mostly kids in their twenties)  singing and cheering each other on, yeah, I know we're hipsters! Every time someone opened the door to get drinks the sound exploded into our room with the competing song, some singers worth hearing others made us shut the door quickly!  The two hours went by in a flash, all of us equally amazed that we needed more time, at least another hour or maybe just one more song!? We forced ourselves to put down the microphone's, pack up and head out of the city. We meet up again at Mariner Grille for a late dinner, discussion about our new found talents and the idea of jointly purchasing our own Karaoke machine, since we're all so amazingly talented!!  Last year was the first time I ever sang Karaoke at all, I suppose you need to be either a good singer or old enough to not care anymore....I'm the latter. I imagine this faction of friends would have amazingly fun nights, filled with endless entertainment...we just need our own machine so we can sing until our hearts content,  I'll keep you posted on that! Donna's Birthday adventure was a hit, as adventures usually are.... the next upcoming Birthday will be mine...oh imagine the fun just waiting to be had!?! 59 here I come!! 

Comments

Popular Posts