Day 582 Chick Days

 

Chick days make for lots of company with tiny feathered friends in each and every hand. The cuteness overload is most likely why RI has a twelve minimum chick purchase, at this stage everyone wants one and might be fooled into thinking they'll stay this small and cute forever. I love my big girls every bit as much, but I admit, there's something magical about baby chicks. My house had a stream of visitors, kids, grandchildren and friends coming over throughout the late afternoon and evening. The visitors are good for our new chicks since we like to hold them often and get them use to people. I came home to Tim sitting in a chair with this little Sapphire Gem in his hand, just relaxing and enjoying the vibe. We haven't named any of the chicks yet, waiting until we get to know them better and see each of their personalities develop. For now, they are happy in their little cage equipped with pine bedding, heat lamp and all the food and water their little bodies need to grow. My big girls are blissfully unaware about the future invasion of youngsters to their current tranquility...ignorance is bliss. Fortunately for them, the new chicks will be inside for quite a while before they shake things up in the coop. With all the company streaming through my front door, I was glad for that extended daylight hour, allowing for my older girls to get some attention as well. My granddaughter went from tiny chicks to big chickens holding each of them with equal adoration, she's clearly a chicken gal like me. Quick news non-chick related... I joined a walking challenge competition, that begins April 1st. Not sure how many people I'll be competing against, day one already had a hundred! It's a competition to get the most steps from April 1- May 10... and being a competitive gal, I say, bring it on! Tim's first question was about the prize, its $100 gift card but any competitive person knows that doesn't matter, it's all about the pride of the win. I know at least one other person in the race that walks an incredible amount of steps each day, he'll be tough to beat but makes the challenge more exciting. I may need to bump my morning run from two miles to at least three to give my step count a kick-start first thing. I might need that extra cash to feed my growing flock! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts