Day 584 How Much???

 

Everyone loves a walk outside in the sunshine. My son and his dog came over to join me for my evening stroll, his dog bursting with excitement to get out on the bike path. I've never wanted a dog, but if I did I'm sure they would love all my daily walks. Dogs must go crazy with the lack of physical excursion they get when cooped up inside. Fortunately, my son takes his pooch out daily and recognizes its need to run around. I had rushed home, eager to grab as much sunshine as possible before heading inside for the night. I stopped and picked up a pizza that Tim had called in and almost fell off my rocker when they cashier asked me for $17.98...wait, what? Just shy of $18 for a small pizza??? Either it's been a while since I ordered one, prices have jumped or this new pizza place is out of sync. Whatever it is, I won't be going back, that's highway robbery in my book. After all, it wasn't even a fancy pizza, just a regular small pepperoni pizza, nothing gourmet, crazy! I suppose I sound like an old lady now, griping about the cost of pizza but when I mentioned it to my son, even he said it was crazy. Other than grumbling about the price of my pizza I was excited to give my son a fabulous dress I bought for his step-daughter. It might even be her first Lilly Pulitzer and I can't wait to see how pretty she looks in it. I told him he had to tell her who the designer was, that it's my favorite and that I hope she loves it as much as I do. She's a girly girl like me so I'm sure she will and I can't wait to see her wear it. My daughter refused to wear anything I picked out for her by the age of four....ugh. Then I had boys, grandson after grandson until finally a girl came into my life that has a sparkle in her eyes when she see's pretty things, just like me!! Oh, the fun we will have playing dress up! Easter is right around the corner, the perfect holiday for a pretty dress!! Let's hope the sunshine keeps coming, allowing for long evening walks and springtime dresses. The big dilemma for spring, allowing the shockingly, white winter legs to be exposed by skirts and dresses until they slowly tan up. The first day of wearing shorts is always in the privacy of our own backyards...holy cow do our bodies go pale. I might have to borrow my sons dog, throw some shorts on and take a few walks to slowly acclimate my pale legs to the sunshine. After all, what we look like on the bike path stays on the bike path, thank goodness! 

Comments

  1. ❤️ and I cannot believe you were walking with the dog! Good on you as Marcia would say

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts