Day 586 100 Days

 

Another Friday night at the Elks watching to see who might pick the winning card! A lucky person had her pick and chose envelope #53 only to find a nine of hearts, a $10 prize. I can't imagine getting that close, having your ticket chosen out of thousands then selecting the wrong card! Next week the pot will be even bigger and there will only be four remaining envelopes...yikes! The suspense is killing everyone as the pot continues to grow each week as hundreds of people buy thousands of tickets. The big drawing also brings out a host of old friends, everyone determined to be there in case they are the lucky one. Tim and I enjoyed chatting with former friends from high school but worked our way out before getting carried away, resting up for the big St. Patrick's Day party! I may not have been the lucky winner of the queen of hearts, but hitting day 100 on my workout calendar was a huge personal victory. It hasn't always been easy, usually not, some morning the internal battle between exercising and skipping a day is a monumental struggle. I mentally go over all the valid reasons It would be ok to skip a day, relax, sit on the couch and watch the morning news. I remind myself that my body will only be as strong as I make it and the day will come that I wish I had the abilities I have at this very moment. Our bodies need routine maintenance, and since mine is an older model it requires more care as well as daily tuneups. I have been focused on feeding my body nutritious foods, drinking lots of water and of course, giving it a proper workout each morning. I use to exercise all day, everyday teaching dance throughout my life. it was only when I changed careers that the sedentary lifestyle tried to take hold of me. I am a firm believer that sitting has become the new smoking and will prove to kill as many people going forward. Our butts were made to move not to be sat on all day! Fortunately, I have a stand up desk to keep me from becoming a total vegetable throughout the work week, but even that isn't really enough. I also have a sign on my computer monitor that reads, "you don't get the ass you want by sitting on it" just in case I need a reminder throughout the day. I'll be back at the Elks next Friday, hoping to win the big prize and continuing to win my own personal victories each and every day. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts