Day 588 Irish for the Day


 

Irish blessings throughout the day and matching aprons to add a bit of fun to our food serving duties, compliments of my friend Donna. Each detail of our gathering was simply perfect, Irish music in the backdrop,  tables set with green centerpieces, shamrock placemats, shamrock confetti and gold coins. The tiny gift boxes added festive prize for each guest and of course corned beef and cabbage was in abundance and delicious. Everyone arrived donning their most celebratory green attire, including my husband who always has a way of stealing the show! I was filled with delight to see each guest open their tiny boxes and read their blessing to one another at each table...I knew they would be a hit! We had guests bring a bottle of wine and selected numbered gold coins to pick winners of the lot, one winner getting a half dozen bottles the grand prize winner taking the rest. The drawing added a bit of excitement, not that we needed anymore. Our photo backdrop with props was a huge hit, just about everyone had a picture or two or twenty taken with some type of silly pose. Everyone in attendance left hoping this party was the first of many St. Paddy's Day events at the club and fortunately for them, my friends and I look forward to hosting the new tradition each year.  It becomes easier when you have all year to shop for fun decorations and be inspired with new creative ideas. During the party I was chatting with another friend who hosts an annual Derby Party. I've volunteered to host a pre-party workshop to teach everyone how to decorate a derby hat. I know you can buy them but it's so much better when you create your own hat and coordinate it with your outfit. With Easter on the horizon I'll be packing up the green decor, shamrocks and everything Irish (except for Tim) until next year, almost sad to see it all go!  Although I'm not Irish it was fun to pretend for the day, they sure do know how to celebrate a holiday. I'll sign off with one last Irish Blessing, "May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night". 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts