Day 591 Clear the way

 

Suited up for a crazy day, good thing I brought two pairs of shoes. I was at the market by 7am, shopping for a road trip and for home in my absence. With my son still not feeling well I decided to drive to Virginia to see for myself how he's doing and help however I can. All the past months of caregiving skills, packing up to make a house call. The pre-trip prep is exhausting, laundry, watering plants, getting the chickens and chicks set for a possible food shortage with Tim in charge, not to mention all the loose ends professionally. By the time I made it back home I was just about done, but still had far to go. If you know me you also know my lack of skill when it comes to painting my own nails. Well, there's a skill that might beat that one, packing! I am the worst packer on the planet, never know what to bring, what I'll feel like wearing and end up with a hodge podge of nonsense. The only things that are easy to pack are socks and undies, after that, it's all a crapshoot. Fortunately, since I decided to drive, there will be no limit to what I can throw into a bag or two or three, it could be either fine or so bad that I end up shopping during my time in VA. Of course I packed food, snacks for the ride and for the visit, as well as dinner items, board games and a gift or two for my injured boy. The long ride will be worth every minute to see him for myself and help in any way possible, no matter how old kids are they will always be our babies. Tim spent the evening learning how to make his own protein shakes, what and when to feed the cat, chickens and baby chicks. He's already mentioned how much he dislikes all his new chores. I'm guessing by the time I return he'll be overjoyed to see me and ready to have me resume my household scurrying. I changed out of my fancy new suit and laid out my sweatpants for the drive, ready to depart during the wee hours of the morning. A worried mom on a drive to see her boy, folks better clear my path. 

Comments

Popular Posts