Day 593 Creatures of Habit

 


Finding my morning routine while visiting my son. I'm an early bird so have the kitchen to myself and quiet time to sit and write. I skipped my exercise for the day, wrote then scurried around his place cleaning like moms do. Once awake he transfers from his bed to the couch, unable to stand upright on crutches for more than a few minutes before the blood clot causes pain and complete discoloration of his lower leg. I'm  wondering how long they think this can continue before taking more drastic measures to fix it? I'd like to ask the Dr. if they could lay on the couch, miss work and put life on hold for a month, seems crazy. I'm sure it helps to have me make him food, bring him drinks and add a bit of entertainment to his otherwise monotonous day. I delighted in the sunshine streaming in through the windows, but that only reminded him of how much he'd like to go outside for a walk, at least on rainy days he's not missing out. He's a walker, like me so I appreciate how frustrating it must be to not be able to move. As maddening as it's been, I'm sure in some way it's good for his brain, to take a step back from all the stresses of work and force himself to relax, something we should all do in small doses on the daily. We get so caught up in what we need to get done from day to day, we forget to give ourselves time to relax and daydream. I factor in my daydreaming time first thing, my peaceful, quiet, mornings to write, reflect or dream about whatever comes to mind and write my thoughts down before giving myself a chance to filter them. I often forget that anyone reads my words, but apparently, what I write has become part of other folks routines. I was reminded of this the other day when driving to Virginia I didn't have a chance to write until later in the day and received texts asking what was going on! I find it flattering that my readers check in on the daily to hear about my chickens, parties, family and of course my superstar husband who always adds a twist of entertainment. Speaking of Tim, I couldn't convince him to go to our Elks Lodge solo to buy a raffle ticket or two! He wouldn't go without me, crazy! I'm still waiting to hear if anyone found the queen of hearts, if not, I'll be there next week. We're all creatures of comfort and routine, poor Tim has already raised the white flag and said he wants me home, not enjoying the responsibilities of home chores and self sufficiency. He may not like it but I'm sure It's good for him and by the time I return he'll be as excited to see me as he would to find the elusive queen of hearts. 

Comments

Popular Posts