Day 594 Workouts

 

When I told my son I liked to workout in the morning, he was excited for me to use his home gym. I found myself surrounded by heavy weights and crazy weightlifting apparatus, no treadmill in sight. Fortunately, I brought my iPad so I could pull up my favorite exercise video and do my thing using only his gym floorspace. In his defense, there is a exercise bike and some lighter kettlebells, but that was about it. This old gal isn't interested in lifting Herculean weight, not sure my old bones would handle it, but the offer was nice. Yes, back in the day I lifted weights with the best of them but over the years the weights became lighter and workouts less physically punishing...afterall, I like to walk the day after workouts these days! Even though it was my lazy old lady workout, I was glad for a bit of time in the gym since the rest of the day was spent lounging around watching TV. We watched a Korean show, Physical 100, a reality show that puts 100 people through extreme fitness challenge competitions. It was quite entertaining, holding our interest episode after episode. My son usually isn't one to watch television but without being able to get off the couch, a diversion here and there is needed. I've sat in the living room with him, keeping him company and lounging more than I have in eons. Although I'm here to help take care of him, I'll be going home feeling more well rested than I've been in ages! All that worrying about him from so far away sure did make me tired! Doubt I have the gumption to attack the weights tomorrow but I'll be working out in my own way, staying my course. Tim has called, saying he's ready to have me home, he says doing all the chores I typically do is a great way to burn 3 or 4 hours in a day. Glad he's getting a greater appreciation for what all my scurrying accomplishes on the daily. Oh, and a quick update on the Queen of hearts, no winner again this week! The pot will be growing to over $25,000, imagine that!? Thank goodness for social media or I would have been in suspense! I can only imagine the Lodge will be packed next Friday. Imagine the home gym you could build with all that money? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts