Day 595 Polished Brass

 

Polishing outdoor brass fixtures, the crazy things we do for our children. While bedridden my son received a letter from his home owners association, informing him that he needed to either polish his exterior fixtures or replace them. I spent at least an hour scrubbing two fixtures until I was convinced they would pass the next round of inspections. I can only imagine how long the list would be if someone inspected my house!? Weeds, paint chipping not to mention my eye sore of a chicken coop, thank goodness I don't have an HOA sending me letters! I can't imagine not feeling well and having to worry about polishing brass! Keeping it all neat and tidy I suppose works when you're packed in, but I'd draw the line at being told what I could and couldn't hang on my front door or restrictions on the size of my American Flag. I'm too much of a free spirit to live in such a structured environment, at least I'm self aware. I'm sure in my absence Tim is scurrying around, taking care of any household projects....or at least making lists about what needs to be accomplished. List makers crack me up, somehow the effort of writing down the tasks seems to make them feel they are one step closer to accomplishing it. I find lists to be an additional job, only delaying the actual work at hand, but to each his own. My son is still unable to stand without the blood clot causing pain, discoloration and swelling. Once that gets under control the recovery efforts need to shift to his broken ankle. The first injury has been put on the back burner but also needs attention once his blood starts flowing again properly. Good thing he at least has polished brass lighting sconces going for him! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts