Day 598 Home Sweet Home

 

Home sweet home, safe and sound. I immediately decompressed by picking up, putting away St. Patrick's Day decor and replacing it with Easter, just in time. My daughter brought me a bunch of tulips as a welcome home gift, daughters are great for sweet gestures. The 7 hour drive wasn't bad, at least all roads and bridges remained solid under my wheels during my travels and traffic was minimal. I do love driving in our beautiful country, through cities and countryside alike. I laugh when folks say everyone should visit Europe, especially if they haven't traveled across our amazing country. A guy from England made a funny YouTube about Americans not needing to travel. He carried on about how Europeans think Americans don't travel then they come to America they realize we don't have to leave our country to have amazing vacations and diverse landscape. When in Europe you can travel several hours and be in another country, try that in Texas or California! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my trip to Europe this past fall, but nothing beats the beautiful US of A. I'm fortunate my son lives within driving range, I'm on the ready in case he needs to call me back. Not sure if his ankle will need surgery, hoping not but won't know until next week. My homecoming was franticly busy prepping for the Easter Holiday, tending to pets and getting the house ready for a weekend explosion of family. Tim was no doubt the happiest to see me back in RI, readily admitting how much he missed me. Whenever I go away he's met with the reality of how much easier his life is with me around, it's a good lesson for him. Although my Easter decor was late to be displayed, I'm thrilled to see the pretty pastels and pink throughout the house, yes, I know I should iron that darn tablecloth. My youngest son laughs at my holiday decorating, says I make work for myself with all the fanfare. He's right of course, but the rewards outweigh the work in my opinion. When I called to invite him and his family over, he was unaware that Easter is only a few days away, maybe a decoration or two would have signaled the upcoming holiday! I wish I could have packed my other son up and brought him home, but with an MRI and  doctors visits scheduled he needs to stay home in Virginia. I'm sure he likes being at his own house while recovering, after all, there's no place like home, fresh clean sheets and all. 

Comments

Popular Posts