Day 601 My helpers


 My quiet morning was wonderfully interrupted by my two little grandsons who were eager to join me for my workout and walk. Instead of running on my treadmill I put on a walking video so the three of us could all exercise together, warming up our bodies to "get strong". After our workout we bundled up for a walk on the bike path with Melissa. The weight of the double stroller wasn't bad, unless we were going uphill, then it added an extra level of effort and upper body workout. The boys weren't impressed with the chilly temps, glad to be under blankets on a cold morning. The three mile walk was clearly more than they expected but they were great sports and sat nicely, listening to me tell them how lucky they were to be getting such a good dose of vitamin D. Tim and Bridie were awake, sitting by the fire, drinking coffee when we returned, enjoying the peacefulness of the quiet house before we came in bringing noise and steady activity along with us. I immediately began prepping dinner and the boys helped me bake carrot cake, anxious to have a turns at pouring ingredients into the bowl. I love having little helpers, seeing their smiles as we served the cake and the pride they took in their contribution to dessert. My son and his wife along with my daughter and her family had come over to join us for dinner, making for a full table, filled with laughter and love and family. After dinner we played a game of charades, with Mack acting out word after word with amazing accuracy. Everyone was impressed with his knowledge and ability to convey each and every mystery word, for six, he sure has acquired a powerful database of information! Everyone was excited to get to bed in hopes that the Easter Bunny would visit and leave candy. Waking up to chocolate is a good thing at any age!! Everyone will be coming back for brunch so I have lots to do for another meal for everyone, I wish the Easter Bunny did dishes!! At least I have my two little helpers. 

Comments

Popular Posts