Day 602 Easter

 

Easter Sunday and this year's first birthday cake for me! My daughter brings a delectable cake every year to contribute to our table and celebrate my upcoming birthday, only five days away. The kids love singing the happy birthday song and at the part you insert a name I have a jumble of various names, Mom, Rachel, Grammy, Grandma Rachel, making it even better than expected. We were thrilled to have sunshine and warm temps, calling us all outside after filling our bellies eat breakfast. We all walked down to the playground so the kids could run around, although, it ended up with the grown men having handstand contests. My daughter in law and I hustled home before everyone else to quickly stuff plastic eggs and hide them around the backyard. When the crew returned from the playground they rolled right into an egg hunt followed by a fire in the fire pit. We spent the afternoon playing outside, canoeing down the river and enjoying the spring weather and each others company.  Lucky for me I had planned another meal, feeding all eleven of us for the third time in two days! I only wish my son could have joined us From Virginia and my granddaughter who was spending the day with her dad, they would have made the day perfect! The holiday weekend went by in a flash and before I knew it I was on the 25th load of dishes, picking up toys and putting the house back together from all my visitors. My grandsons didn't want to leave so I had to promise I'd leave the Lego's out for next time! Although it was sad to see the holiday end, with my birthday ahead I have a feeling there will be more fun around the corner. I find it hard to believe I'll be turning 59 years old, also quite fortunate! How lucky am I to have such a wonderful life, amazing kids and grandchildren and doting husband. Tim may not do dishes but he makes me laugh each day, with laugher being one of life's greatest medicines I'll stay healthy for a long time! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts