Day 603 Let the games begin!

 

My walking challenge has begun with a total of 750 participants engaged and vying to be on the leaderboard. When I saw the number of people registered I knew I'd have to up my steps, my usual 20 thousand plus would clearly be average! I get a good jumpstart with my morning treadmill run and my constant pacing throughout the day but added an evening walk to solidify my place. I logged in just over 35 thousand steps before crashing into bed and calling it a night. As of right now, there's one person in front of me, who had 38 thousand steps! It's going to be a fantastic challenge with strong competition, just the way I like it. Tim thinks I just need to stay in the top 50...lol, has he met me!? I figure I need to be within the top 12, falling below that would be hard to come back from. Fortunately, I love to walk so this challenge is right up my alley (or bike path). Melissa joined me for an evening walk and we both were amazed that the weather cooperated. As we were on the home stretch the sun was streaming through the trees, highlighting the buds, just ready to pop. I tried my best to get a photo of the sunshine coming through the beautiful buds but it was too bright, so you'll have to imagine it! I'll take another picture of this beautiful tree once it's in full bloom, I have a feeling I'll be walking a bit more this month. My challenge goes until May 10th, perfect time to walk more, get outside more and enjoy the beautiful spring season. My plan for the challenge is to log in a minimum of 30 thousand steps each day, figure consistency is key. Out of 750 people it would be fantastic to place in the top 10...but who are we kidding, I'm after one of the top 3 spots! Let the games begin. 

Comments

  1. I know you’ll make top 10! The light was so amazing last night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts