Day 604 Stepping out

 

I'll be walking my way through the month of April, if this competition doesn't kill me. Once again I logged in just over 35,000 steps for the day and am still in second place! I have been extending my morning treadmill run, walking during my lunch break, walking during the evening and of course continuing my regular routine of scurrying and pacing. Fortunately, I sat down for a wonderful early birthday dinner with my stepmom and had a chance to relax and enjoy a touch of relaxation and fabulous food. The weather has been chilly and whenever the rain subsides I try to get outside. My midday walk along the cove was beautiful, I could almost feel the sunshine. Everyone seems to be talking about the upcoming solar eclipse, happening next week. I find it funny how into it some people are and others really don't care so much. I tend to fall on the, don't care so much side, although I did order viewing glasses, figuring once it's here I'll want to look. My son has been super excited about the event and will be heading to one of the best viewing locations around. I'm sure everyone will be out, trying to capture photos of the total solar eclipse with iPhones and most will be disappointed with the images they capture. I'm guessing I'll be one of those folks, foolishly believing that my little phone will somehow capture and convey the impressiveness of the event. Imagine living hundreds of years ago, being completely unaware of the eclipse and all of a sudden the world becoming dark? It must have felt as if the world was ending, the relief when the sun came back out I'm sure was celebrated. It's too bad it's all happening on a Monday or there would be amazing eclipse parties...darn weekdays ruin all the fun. Weekday or weekend, I'll be walking, running and walking again and planning on celebrating once this challenge is over. I sure do hope that old saying is true, that what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. 

Comments

Popular Posts