Day 606 Friends

 

I'm not sure why we put so much focus on birthdays and ignore the birthday eve days? I embraced celebrating the last day of my 58's to the fullest and was lucky enough to be treated to a night out for dinner by two of my oldest and dearest friends. I'm posting an old photo of the three of us since we were all too busy talking to take a new one. These gals have been in my life for as long as I can remember so spending my last night of 58's with them was delightful. Old friends are the comfort food of friends, no matter where life takes you, life brings you back to them. They are constant, stable and reliable, and our  biggest cheerleaders. I read something the other day that sums up most of my people, it read: Surround yourself with people who fight for you in rooms you aren't in. I'd like to see someone try to talk badly about me in front of any of my friends, good luck! Strong, beautiful people stick together and shower each other with love and support, always. Lucky for me,  I was also showered with, goodbye to 58, gifts that I immediately opened at the dinner table. I felt as if I was opening gifts all day, my mom stopped by before I went out, delivering a beautifully wrapped gift, which I tore open in a flash.  There was a package at my door from my friend Dawn, filled with gifts and my mailbox was stuffed with cards! Oh, how I love birthdays! Of course I look back at the friends I've lost along the way which inspires me to hold the ones I still have even closer and gives me a greater appreciation for the gift of aging. When I see winkles on my face, they make me smile, I've earned each and every one of them! I'd like to think I've also earned great friends like Cathy and Melissa, who have been as constant in my life as the stars in the sky, and continue to shine as bright in my world. As we sat at dinner we talked about growing old together, clearly not there yet! I can only hope to spend the last day of my 69's, 79's 89's 99's with them too! We'll have more wrinkles then but I'm guessing we will see right through them and into the face of our childhood friends and friendships that will always be worth celebrating. 

Comments

  1. Well said! We are so lucky, love you. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love u my dear friend 💕 so glad we get to grow old together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts