Day 607 Birthday Shenanigans


Each birthday seems to be better than the last and this year was no exception! I was showered with love, friendship and gifts from the time I woke up until my head hit my pillow. I received the most thoughtful, wonderful gifts from friends and family and can't imagine how I ever became so lucky to be surrounded by such adoration. I'll spare you the complete list of my amazing presents but humor me with bragging about a few of them. My youngest son visited me first thing in the morning to deliver a letter he wrote to me, thanking me for being the mom I am and giving him the space throughout his life to have freedom of thought. He's a brainiac so it reads like a philosophical text book but I felt the love and am immensely proud that he's putting some of his brilliant thoughts on paper! I predict someday he'll write a book and the world will marvel at his intellect and be as in awe of him as I have always been. Skipping to my dinner party, oh what fun! My friend Donna cooked my favorite meal, Chicken Milanese, to such perfection it would have won a foodie award. I had requested a cake from my friend Ray, challenging him to a homemade culinary creation and holy cow did he come through! He baked me my favorite, white cake with butter cream frosting and even added chocolate covered strawberries to garnish the cake. It tasted better than any store bought cake I've ever had and was made with the love of a good friend, perfection! My friends gave me a silver tiara with brilliant "diamonds" then a second tiara, gold with colorful "gems", knowing I'd want my tiara to match my attire. I had bought my birthday dress last fall, a Lilly Pulitzer that I fell in love with along with the prints name, Bling my Charms! It had been a bit too snug this winter but after all my running and healthy living, fit me perfectly for my birthday night, yay! My dining room table is full of presents, flowers, cards and overwhelming tokens of love. I'm not sure how it happens, but I think I received more gifts now then I did when I turned ten years old! I didn't attend my Elks Lodge for the Queen of hearts drawing, down to four cards left it was tough to miss but with friends cooking me dinner and making me cake I figured friendship is worth more than any amount of money, wealth comes in many forms. Well, believe it or not, the queen is still out there and now there's only three cards left! Looks like we'll be at the Elks next week, fingers crossed again. My birthday plans will continue throughout next week, dinner dates in abundance, just the way I like it. I asked Tim for a new pair of my fancy running sneakers, after all, birthday or no birthday my step challenge goes on. I'm still on the top of the leaderboard for now and with all the birthday cake I'm consuming, all the extra steps are needed. Day one of age 59 was as close to perfect as a day could be, looking forward to all that comes my way and excited I'll have a tiara to match any occasion. 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts