Day 608 A team

 


Another night of celebrating my birthday and of course another cake! I cooked dinner for a group of eight friends, so we could relax, visit and enjoy ourselves at home. I often refer to this group as my A team and the four of us gals as my Fab Four, corny I know but that's how we roll. We all became friends over twenty years ago and continue to entertain one another every time we get together, most of the time making each other laugh so hard we cry! I love each of these gals and their husbands alike! I'm not sure if it's unusual for eight people to get along so well but it seems to be my number, there were eight of us on Friday night with my best beach club crew and eight of us last night. After dinner we sat in my family room and I turned on an old digital frame that held a photo card from about 18 years ago. As the slideshow of pictures displayed we were all delighted to see this same group partying together so many years ago! We decided we needed to take a group photo so that twenty years from today we could see the picture and remember tonights get together, (guessing twenty years from now we might need a gentle reminder)! I set my phone up to take a timed picture of our group, rushing to jump into my spot each time before the picture was snapped. After only a few mishaps I was able to capture all of us, with me in my spot on time. Of course there was another birthday cake, a Mocha Ice box cake made with chocolate chip cookies and deliciousness, specially made for me by Heather. Lauren had brought the most amazing charcuterie board that was so pretty we were hesitant to eat it! CJ and Gary arrived with shrimp cocktail and a giant box of freeze pops. Years ago at one of our gatherings I ran out of ice and improvised by placing a freeze pop into everyone's cocktail as an ice stirrer. I thought it was brilliant but to this day they enjoy teasing me about my use of freeze pops and making sure I never run out of them. With all these cakes and all the birthday wishes I'll be the luckiest gal in town! Each time I blow out my candles I am allowed a new wish, although I can't imagine I need to wish for much more than I already have! I was once again showered with gifts, stayed up way past my bedtime, ate too much cake and laughed so hard my belly hurt. I sure do love a birthday weekend and my A team. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts