Day 611 Warming up

 

My girls are happy it's spring and they are showing it by increasing their egg production. Throughout the winter months I was getting one, two or on a lucky day three eggs, that's now increased to seven or eight eggs each day and will no doubt continue to grow over the spring and summer months. People often ask what I do with so many eggs, can you ever have too many eggs? I eat them on the daily, bake with them and they happen to make the best little gifts ever! I had the misfortune of having something crack my windshield and when the glass guy came to replace it, he was thrilled to go home with a dozen eggs. Weird tip, maybe but it made him smile and he said his wife would be thrilled. How lucky are we that a company can come right to our house and fix our cars windshield while we go about our business, so spoiled. I was extra pleased that my insurance covered the replacement 100% , thank goodness!  It was a beautiful day and nice to see the sunshine and feel the warm spring air, finally able to open windows to allow a beautiful breeze of warmth inside. If it's true that April showers bring May flowers then we're in for a May in full bloom, as we've had rain, rain and more rain. My little chicks are still inside, I'm waiting for the temps to be consistently above 50 degrees before transitioning them outside to the coop. They are looking more and more like chickens these days, mini versions but have lost that little chick cuteness, like all babies they grow too fast! Let's hope the weather warms up enough soon, having seven bigger chicks inside gets a little stinky! Update on my step challenge, I'm still hanging in there, maintaining my spot on the leaderboard but I admit, it's exhausting! I've got a few more Birthday celebrations coming up this week, and have continued to receive cards and gifts from my amazing friends and family, I've been overwhelmed by the love! As the weather warms up it feels as if I'm coming out of my winter hibernation, looking forward to spring and summer activities and events, dreaming of beach days. I've been trying to talk my brother and sister in law into joining our beach clubs winter club so next year they can join in all of the fun parties, I've got the summer to work on them! More rain coming in the forecast but I can feel the warmth of spring behind it and can almost feel my toes in the sand. 

Comments

Popular Posts