Day 613 Plans upon plans


 The Birthday spoiling continues! I was treated to brunch by my friend, Yao then taken to dinner by my friend Stephanie. It appears I'm taking over the entire month of April, and  I'm complaining about it. Yao is one of those folks that makes you smile, she's always got a funny story, English word for me to explain and eagerness for adventures. This weeks English word question was the difference between Barber Shop and Salon, they both translate as haircutting so it wasn't clear to her that a barber shop is generally for men while a salon is mostly women. Stephanie and I tried a new restaurant, anxious to see if it lived up to all the hype it's been receiving. It was nice, atmosphere great but I wasn't dazzled by the food. I ordered Chicken Milanese, after having had it cooked for my birthday dinner by my friend Donna I was craving it again. I must have been spoiled by Donna's home cooked dish, since the restaurant didn't do the dish justice. It was good, but not amazing, they didn't even put grated Parmesan cheese on it and its absence was noted. What was also missing was anything on the side, no small potatoes, no couscous, rice, nothing. Paying $21 for a chicken dish, I'd expect a scoop of couscous. With all the dining out I've been doing I seem to have become a bit of a food snob, it was bound to happen. My critiquing aside, Stephanie and I had a wonderful time catching up, long overdue. I think we forget how in sync we are until we sit down together and are lock step through every topic. She's busy with a pre-teen child so we're in different places in our lives at the moment, kids will do that. We try our best to get together in-between sports practices, games and other kids activities so I was thrilled to have a night out tougher, all to ourselves. Tim keeps looking at our calendar, wondering when my dinner dates will end. Little does he know that when they come to an end, he'll be tapped in to take me out. I might have to plan a grand finale dinner out with him to mark the end of my birthday tour. I don't see why I shouldn't celebrate each month, after all, it's my last years of being in my 50's. I'm already excited to see what my 60's will bring! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts