Day 614 Envelope??

 

If you're tired of reading about the Queen of Hearts raffle at my local Elks Lodge, then read no further. That darn elusive queen is still hidden within one of the now, TWO remaining envelopes after this weeks drawing. It was down to three envelopes, a raffle ticket was drawn and when the winner went to the board to select his envelope he chose #35. The crowd was silent with anticipation and erupted in disbelief when the card was revealed and it was NOT the queen! People had bought hundreds, at least one person purchased a thousand tickets and yet that queen remains hidden. I'm not disappointed my raffle ticket was not selected, I would have probably picked #35 as well. Next week whoever gets their ticket drawn will have a 50/50 chance of winning a giant pot of cash, imagine if they pick the wrong card??? Selecting the wrong card next week will result in the following week being down to one card and an  automatic win! The lodge has been packed every week, with a fire Marshall at the door counting folks that enter the bar area and sending the rest into the main hall. This has been going on now for 52 weeks, since jokers are in the deck and week after week everyone has picked the wrong envelope! Tim and I arrived early and were among the lucky ones to get seats at a table, dinner and drinks. We sat next to new friends, who I ended up exchanging contact information with (shocker) since she and I had multiple friends in common. We agreed to get together again soon with our mutual friend, oh how I love new friends. Her husband was talking about his hobbies now that he's retired, among which is cooking. Tim tried to convince everyone that he would start cooking once he retires, believable if you don't know him. I'm guessing Tims retirement hobby will be computer games, not anything too productive. I can't imagine him gardening, cooking, cleaning..however he gets a pass since he's so darn entertaining. Although the queen of hearts pot is growing, chances are one in thousands that my raffle will be drawn, so no retirement for me or Tim for quite some time, ugh! The drawing has certainly added a bit of excitement for our Friday nights, but enough already, lets find that queen!!

Comments

Popular Posts