Day 618 Prepping

 

Oh, how I love thrift shopping. I found three little shamrock decorations to start a new box of St. Patrick's Day party party fun. I guess now is the time to look for St. Paddy's Day and Easter decor, folks clean out right after the holidays, filling thrift stores with endless decorations and nonsense. I love the mystery of the treasure hunt, exploring each isle for a possible treasure. I also found a fabulous dress that might be the front runner for this year's Derby party. I picked up an amazing hat a few weeks ago at another thrift shop and once I put the two together I believe they could become a spectacular ensemble. Prepping for Derby Day is something I take quite seriously, it's the super bowl of party attire. Each year I strive to outdo myself from the years past, no small task there. I have worn outrageously spectacular and  always fabulously fun outfits, not sure if I have more fun putting it all together or actually attending the parties? Either way, this year I'm planning on a color theme I've never worn before, fingers crossed it all comes together. I'll be making my hat this week, hot glue gun in hand, attaching faux flowers and accouterments until it's perfect. Derby day is one day that outrageous becomes the norm, oh how I love it! No one is ever surprised to see me walk in wearing crazy garb but how fun it is to see all my friends, who normally are subdued allowing themselves to be spectacular. I have never bought a derby hat, no fun in that and certainly no one else shares my vision (even designers) so I put them together myself. If I don't find what I need thrifting, I'll order a few things, usually ostrich feathers are what's needed, somehow ostrich feathers make most outfits better. For those of you who aren't freaks about your events, the Derby is on May 4th, so you have time! Find a hat, get some flowers, ribbon or whatever else makes your soul smile and create your own wearable masterpiece! You be  glad you did once Derby Day is here. 

Comments

Popular Posts