Day 621 Queen Found

 

The Queen has been found! Out of thousands of raffle tickets, one was drawn, #41 was selected and revealed the elusive queen. The person with the winning ticket wasn't in attendance, so they split the winning pot of $35,000 with the Elks Lodge. The Lodge was packed, I'm shocked that anyone wasn't there since it looked like the entire town was trying to get inside the building. Everyone was happy to finally have a winner, ending the weekly madness, although lucrative for the lodge. They will start up a new Queen of Hearts drawing next week, but have decided to move it to Monday nights. I think I'm hooked on playing, big excitement and small town fun, even if I wasn't the winner. In other competition news, I'm hanging in there with my step challenge, by a thread! I've been crushing steps each day, maintaining daily totals in the 30,000's and I'm struggling to stay in the top three!! There's two in front of me that clearly crush it every day and another who appears to be a pumpkin eater, jumping 75,000 steps ahead of everyone every few days. I hate to call someone out, but it doesn't seem possible to do as many steps as the top steppers plus 75,000 more, not possible. The winning prize for those of us that have busted our butts will show once we start wearing shorts and reveal our toned physique, you won't get that unless you put the work in. There's someone ahead of me that calls out the pumpkin eater right on the public board, bold but I agree with everything she says. I also feel badly for her, since I believe she looks to be the clear winner so far, working hard, walking like crazy. Other than myself, I want to see her win! We all enjoy rooting for the good guy, so I suppose it's good to have a villain. With weeks of competition remaining, anything can happen. To celebrate my personal victory, I purchased a skimpy bikini, totally inappropriate for my age and fantastic. I should add a few sit-ups to my morning routine before beach weather hits but I'll be wearing bikini's all summer with no apologies! All this competition is exhausting, but this old gal is always up for a challenge. 

Comments

Popular Posts