Day 622 Abundance

 

Maintaining my rank one step at a time! Holy cow, will I be happy when this challenge is over, I may celebrate by sitting for an entire day. I'm guessing most people aren't as hyper competitive as I am, but it appears there's at least a dozen of us who are freaks about the challenge. Tim has asked me what the prize is for winning several times, as if the prize matters to us competitive maniacs. Give someone with a touch (maybe slightly more than a touch) of OCD a challenge to focus on and off we go!! Even healthy habits can be overdone, my brain knows this but my legs keep going. I was busy outside most of the day, easy to get my steps in. Earth Day clean up then home for a bit of yard work, showing Mother Earth my love at home and in the community. Picking up litter is something everyone should do, you'll be amazed how much trash there is even in spots that don't appear littered at first glance. Sad to say a large garbage bag can be filled in no time and crazy to think there are people who still litter. Vapes are the latest item to be found along the roadside and of course those individual plastic flossers, gross. Who's walking around town flossing their teeth anyway?? My grandson joined me for the Earth Day event, Jr. Honor Society requires a certain amount of community service, but I was pleased to see his enthusiasm as he walked along the road picking up every bit of garbage. The weather didn't cooperate much, raining most of the day but that didn't stop us as we trudged along. Once we arrived home we hung his soaked sweatshirt and played a new board game with my son, enjoying the warmth of my kitchen. Introducing me to a new game, especially a good one is a rare occurrence, but my son nailed it. The new game is called, Splendor and can be played with two to four players. It's easy to learn and fun to play without being cutthroat, every player kind of doing their own thing. My mom and sister stopped over and played a round with us, Tim and my grandson happily bowing out to let the newcomers play. My son laughs at my homes revolving door, says I have more drop by visitors than the average person, and knows how much I love it. I've lived in my house for thirty six years now, and one of the things I love most about it is it's central location that allows for lots of drop by company. Living close to a beautiful bike path isn't too bad either, although the bike path wasn't there when I bought the house, it's certainly been a nice new addition to the neighborhood. The theme of the day was abundance, getting the most steps, lots of board games, picking up the greatest amount of litter and a steady stream of drop by company.  I'll never be accused of doing anything half assed, that's a good thing, right? 

Comments

Popular Posts