Day 624 Bad Apples

 

Another day, another 35,000 steps! This challenge has become much more of a glimpse into human nature than steps. I find myself rooting for the woman just ahead of me, the clear front runner of the competition. She is crushing it each day and should solidify holding the number one spot with ease, me trailing in second or maybe even third. There's now two woman that manually enter crazy numbers of steps catapulting them into first by at least 75 to 100 thousand steps! Oh, what people will do with a little anonymity. When the challenge was contained within each working environment you knew exactly who you were competing against, could root for each other and would be held accountable by your peers if you were full of crap. This challenge has over 750 people, all from different cities and towns, sportsmanship non existent. I have to laugh that if this same challenge were given to children, they would be more likely to be honest than adults. The prize for first place is only $100, not a million! I keep telling myself that my prize will be wearing my bikini this summer, but who am I kidding, if I come in fourth because of scammers, I'll be mad. Heck, I'm angry on behalf the woman who should rightly be in first place and will probably be pushed to second or third, she should be fuming. There's still a few weeks to go, do scammers also have the stamina to continue their scams? Although frustrated, I'm staying my course, one step at a time. The main scammer seems determined to take first then our new one threw down with 148,000 steps in a day, seriously? It makes me think of the messengers from hundreds of years ago, who would walk or run to neighboring villages to bring messages, maybe that's still happening and I'm just unaware. It's sad to say that the main take away from what should have been a motivating healthy challenge is the crappy reality of human nature. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on human nature, if there's only two crappy scammers out of over 750 people, that's not bad. But the old saying holds true, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch, and in this case, we've got two. 

Comments

Popular Posts