Day 641 Colors

 

Optimistic that the weather will continue to warm up and ready to see more color. I like to buy a few annuals that attract hummingbirds and butterflies so couldn't resist the Spanish Lavender and Fuchsia plants. I typically create a few planters with the known, Thriller, spiller, filler method but not yet sure what I want for my thrillers and fillers. The spillers are easy with ivy, adding a bit of green as well as planting at least one plant with guaranteed success. My friend gave me a few tomato plants, I never have great success with them but give them a try each year, expecting the new year to be bountiful. I look forward to sitting outside in the warm sunshine, surrounded by my pretty flowers, visited by the bee's, butterflies and hummingbirds. Summer has always been my favorite season, it's short lived here in New England, but so incredibly wonderful. Spring has been a rainy one,April showers have continued into May, I'm guessing the June flowers will be incredible. I never complain about the rain since water is one of our most valuable resources. I'm lucky to have my rain barrel filled, grass and new plants watered without effort. I had lunch with my mother and sister, we sat outside dining, pretending it was warm enough to dine outside. We  chatted about my nieces upcoming wedding, wondering what my sister will wear for the big day. When I got home, I pulled out a few dresses I thought would be perfect for her and to everyone's delight three of them fit perfectly and looked fantastic. My sister doesn't like flashy clothing, wants subdued colors and classic styles, shockingly I had a few that fit her criteria. She will be a beautiful mother of the bride, a classic, subdued beauty but beautiful just the same. My sister has always been shy, drawn to wearing navy blue, not comfortable standing out and most comfortable wearing Birkenstocks ..how on earth are we sisters? Although, we also both raise chickens, feed the wild birds and love the warm beach sand and beautiful spring flowers, so there are signs. I have a million events before a September wedding so won't be working on my outfit for that for a few months. Right now I've got flowers to plant while Mother Nature is watering them for me and a list of parties and events that require specific dress up themes. I'll be keeping a keen eye out for my hummingbirds and butterflies, anxiously anticipating their return and welcoming them with the flowers they love.

Comments

Popular Posts