Day 636 Derby Day!

 





Some days I struggle to find a photo to post and write about, while other days I can't choose which one I like best! In the days to come you might find me returning to this fabulous day with pictures of my friends and the fun we had. Lemons were my inspiration, and oh, did I roll with my theme. My lemon print dress was fantastic but it was the lemon slice earrings, necklace, bracelet, pocketbook along with my yellow sunglasses, drinking out of my lemon glass, sipping on my lemon drop martini that pushed it over the top. Best of all my handsome husband who played along in his lemon print shirt and carried the sign I made that read, "she's my main squeeze". He refused to wear yellow pants, proclaiming he needed to hang on to a thread of dignity, apparently he does have his limits but I like push until we hit them. I made spectacular lemon cupcakes, put candied jelly lemon slices on the tops and served them on a blue tray with a little dish of extra candy slices on the side, also placing a sign next to them that read, "Squeeze the day" and served them on half lemon slice paper plates with lemon slice napkins. I had glued tiny plastic lemon slices to bobby pins to add a slice of fun to my navy sandals and of course my hat was absolutely spectacular, it had all started with a thrift store yellow hat!  What was even more fun was seeing all my friends in their fancy hats in all their glory. Each of my friends had a hat as unique as they are, I couldn't decide which one I liked the most, soaking them all in as if my eyes were starved for color.  When we all put our heads together to take a silly selfie the results were magical, brilliant colors exploding only to be outshined by our smiles. We all agreed we should create opportunities to wear fancy hats, play dress up more often and that Derby Day is our gateway into summertime fun. Long after the sun went down we kept our hats on, not wanting to see the day end. The race may have only lasted two minutes and my favored horse didn't win, but what a day we had! If a picture tells a thousand words then I've got millions of things to say, beginning with fabulous, fun and ending with simply spectacular. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts