Day 639 Oyster Indulgence

 

Living by the water is a must for a list of many reasons, the spectacular views are at the top of that list. I had taken the day off for my annual physical, I say annual very loosely since I'm more of an every five years check up gal. I'm healthy so the check ups seem a waste of time but I know that's silly. I even had all my bloodwork done, something I never subject myself to. I was feeling like a full fledged grown up, checking all the right boxes for my health as I met my kids for lunch. It was my daughters Birthday so my son and I joined her for a delicious lunch by the water. We dined on oysters then lunch and she even splurged for a daytime glass of champagne! What a luxury it was to be sitting by the water in 70 degree weather with two of my grown up children in the middle of the week! I don't post photos of my kids or write too much about their lives because they are all ultra private people. My kids aren't on social media, they don't allow photos of their children on Facebook and keep to themselves, crazy how the pendulum swings! I've always believed that to be true, wild parents have conservative children, conservative kids have wild ones etc. My life is an open book so of course my kids are all private people...just how life goes. After lunch with my mystery children, I came home and almost immediately received a text from my sister in law who was in town. She and my brother in law picked me up and off we were to Two Ten Oyster Bar for happy hour and buck a shuck, ironically the same restaurant I had just left! The hostess did a double take as she looked at me and laughed when I told her she wasn't crazy but not to judge me. Tim joined us as we sipped on fancy rum drinks with a dozen oysters laid out in front of us. After splurging on delicious seafood we left to head over to Mariner Grille for a bit of chowder, muscles and stuffies, since you can't beat Mariner for good food! I introduced my in-laws to Mariners warm bread and after dinner ordered a secret waffle Sunday that isn't on the menu but is the best secret dessert in town. We indulged as if we had the metabolism of twenty year olds but I was feeling pretty good after my check up so why not. The questions asked by the nurse have morphed into questions about depression, home abuse and a host of other things that make me count my blessings twice. Maybe I should wait until all my bloodwork comes back before celebrating, but I think I'm healthy as a horse and isn't that half the battle? I did promise my doctor that I'd try to be better and try to get my physical bi-annually, working my way towards the yearly check-up. Lunch and dinner dates after the checkup make the annual exam much more likely, especially when the view is so spectacular. I imagine the boost of vitamins in the oysters I consumed only boosted my health so I'm probably even stronger than I was before my checkup. I may need to indulge more often, after all, everything in moderation, including moderation. 

Comments

Popular Posts