Day 646 High Quality Friends

 

A cozy place to rest, rejuvenate and hide until ready to face the world. I followed Peps lead when it was clear the world wanted to offer up a platter of guff I retreated home, taking my leave before saying things I shouldn't. Self awareness is a gift and taking the advice from the little voice in your head telling you when to bail is important. Maybe it's not even bailing, it's giving some space before responding and it seemed like a good idea. I have never been known for mincing words, but choosing the right ones can take time, especially when angry.  I felt like a cat finding their perfect hideout as I walked into my peaceful home, shedding the nonsense of the day as if it were a heavy sweater. I had friends coming over to play Mahjong and have dinner together so I began to straighten up and get ready. They were just what the doctor ordered! As they arrived we immediately began chatting about all the best things, what to wear for our next party, our kids and vacations, beach days and recipes for our next gathering. We played several games, stopping to eat dinner between rounds and feeling proud of ourselves that we've finally mastered the intricate game. Each of us won a round, with Donna breaking the three way tie winning the fourth game. We continue to help each other with the rules, fortunately each of us retained enough knowledge to help each another by remembering different facets of the game.  Statistics show that people with high quality friendships live longer and I believe this must be true. Although who admits to having low quality friends and why on earth would you keep them??  I seemed to dodge and temporarily evade the crap the world tried to throw at me, hiding out at home with my high quality friends, recharging and untouchable in my home bubble. I'll be rolling into Wednesday ready for anything, strong and confident after a cozy rest in my favorite hideout. When folks try to throw shade on my day I'll look at them now with sympathy, they must only attract the low quality friends statistics talk about. I'll be watching Peps closely for more life hacks, she's one smart cat. 

Comments

Popular Posts