Day 654 Wasted time

 

Ahhh, back to the beach. I called Tim mid-day and asked if we could hustle to the beach as soon as I arrived home, he quickly responded that he'd be happy to do anything I wanted (great answer). Once on the beach club deck we watched as our summer friends strolled in, one after another. There were welcome hugs for club friends who've been away all winter and cheers for the upcoming summer season. It was windy and cool but my skin eagerly soaked in the sunshine until it was replaced by the super moon. Everyone took turns posing for photos, trying to hold the moon in our hands, silly fun that made us all laugh. I wore my friends down jacket and would have tucked my cold bare feet into the coat if I could have. The sounds and smells of the ocean were worth the chilly evening temps, making me wish for time off during the daylight. My friends and I are planning a weekly dinner club at our beach, with each of us bringing a dish. Oh, summertime, how I love you! Plans in the making, music, parties, dinner clubs, game nights and always an adventure or two in the works. I talked to a friend last week who is newly retired, he said he's having a tough time keeping busy....what?! My dad retired young and loved every single minute of it, never once did he struggle to find something to do, in fact he couldn't fit everything into his week. I imagine I'll be an amazingly busy retired person, playing Mahjong, golfing, going to the beach, decorating, thrift shopping even crafting. I look forward to the challenge! I may need to take a week off, to pretend I'm retired and practice up a bit. However, If the weather is nice I may waste it all away at the beach..why not? Time is precious, waste it wisely....I plan on it! 

Comments

Popular Posts