Day 656 Hello Summertime My Old Friend

 

First boat night of the season, surrounded by beautiful weather and friends. Melissa and Rick invite a small crew onto their boat once a week whenever the weather allows. Everyone brings an appetizer and joins in, eager to leave the world behind. There's a clear view of a beautiful Osprey nest and once she has her babies there's endless entertainment with moms comings and goings trying to keep them fed. The breeze on the water is always several degrees cooler than at home, a welcome relief during the hot summer nights. My friend Dawn lives in Florida, so she laughs when I tell stories about getting outside every chance I get, suggesting I enjoy my eight weeks of summer. Well, don't mind if I do. She should know by now I love every season for its unique gifts and enjoy being outside in any weather. Sitting on the boat, chatting with friends, looking out over Salt Pond, I could feel summer walk right up to me, hold my hand and take me along for a beautiful journey. My beautiful South County will soon be bombarded with tourists, eager to have a slice of where I am so fortunate to call home. I can't even blame the tourists as they pack our beaches and restaurants, I'll proudly share. Especially since I know the secret gems and hidden spots off the beaten paths and can navigate around them as they admire my town. My summer calendar is filling up, weekly dinner nights at the club, boat nights, Friday nights on the beach club deck, Mahjong games whenever it rains and of course parties, Theatre by the sea, live music, dancing and beach days that turn into beach nights. As the calendar fills I see Dawns point... there's just not enough weekends in the summer to pack it all in! At least I know that  no matter how busy my summer becomes, there's always a quiet spot for me on the boat, where I'll be surrounded with sunshine and love. Hello Summertime my old friend. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts