Day 658 Paint What??

 

Up amongst the tree tops just after the sun goes down is my new happy place. During the day its great to soak in the sunshine but there's something magical about the evening sounds and the quiet of the night. I backlit a few of my planters with solar lights adding a cool vibe to an already spectacular view. I spent the day gardening, yes...really! I dug out a few small trees, moved and split a bunch of Hosta and had Tim cut down a giant forsythia that seemed determined to take over my space. I went through the yard, gathering old hoses, planters that have seen better days, old coolers and whatever else I could find to send to the dump. I now have a giant pile of garbage and tree cuttings at the bottom of my driveway, but that will soon be gone. I will be extending my brick patio, into the newly found space the forsythia was taking up and creating another patio space out of a concrete section of driveway that isn't used. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure a way to make the concrete slab less drivewayish and at first thought I might buy a few outdoor rugs to jazz it up. Then I had the great idea to stencil the entire slab.... make it look like a giant rug...it will work, really! I once stenciled a slab to look like a wooden dance floor and it came out amazing, although my legs and butt hurt for weeks from all the squats involved in the stenciling.  I'll show off a photo of my dance floor another day. I'm thinking this slab should have big white stars, with the grey background of the concrete it will look amazing (at least it does in my mind). I sure do love the springtime and summer season, although the projects inspired by the warmer seasons are never far from my thoughts. By the time I get my outdoor areas just as I want them, autumn arrives and I'm back inside. I'll be working double time to get it all done early this season, starting with laying bricks for my patio and painting my concrete. Tim doesn't dare ask what I've got cooking, but thankfully just goes along with my crazy plans and I'm sure is mildly entertained watching me try to get it all done. He loves to hear me call him for help, it doesn't happen often so when it does he knows it's something monumental that I can't physically do without him. He will enjoy sitting in a comfy lounge chair watching me meticulously stencil a large concrete slab.... and although he'll think I'm crazy he's smart enough not to say so. The projects in my mind are endless.... too bad time isn't! 

Comments

Popular Posts