Day 665 Dinner Club Friends


 So excited to have my winter dinner club transition into the summer season, carrying on our beautiful tradition. During the winter we tried, usually unsuccessfully to get together once a month for a pot luck at one of our houses. Life gets in the way of fun so we struggled but managed to have at least a handful of great gatherings. Now that the sunshine and warm weather are here, we're shooting for weekly gatherings.... we're an optimistic bunch. We may not hit our weekly gathering goal, but setting it will ensure we get together more often than if we didn't have lofty ambitions. Dinner plans were just what I needed, having spent the entire day working in the yard, mowing the lawn, trimming brush, power washing everything in sight and starting my painting project. As I sat, painting beautiful white stars on the concrete slab, Tim sat watching me, he's good like that. Honestly, I thought how lucky I am to have such a supportive husband, who happily, without question,  goes along with whatever crazy idea I come up. I imagine there are husbands out there that might be less than pleased to see their wives permanently paint a faux rug on their concrete. Tim appreciates my creativity and I believe truly loves my project ideas...at least once they're done and especially if he's not required to help. After watching me paint for a bit he went on to trim lots of tree branches, giving us a clear view of the river from our deck, perfection. Now while we're outside sipping our coffee, we'll be able to watch our ducks swim by or the great blue heron swoop down for a fish. By the time our yard work was done I was covered with dirt from head to toe but felt as if we had taken a large chip out of our monumental list of chores and projects. I showered the filth off, put on a fancy skirt, packed up my contributions for our dinner and we headed to the beach club. The sun was still hot at 5pm and the sounds of the ocean and stories from friends, along with a beautiful ocean breeze made our first summer dinner club as close to perfect as it could be. 

Comments

Popular Posts