Day 676 Epic Ideas

 

Exhausted from my antics in the big city, I was happy to have a night home. My friend Sarah came by late afternoon for a visit and of course chicken watching. She was mesmerized by my beautiful birds and left with a new appreciation for the level of entertainment they provide. She'll be back soon for an evening in my bistro, with its name evolving into the hen house bistro. She was also impressed with my new fabric spray paint project, although I'm not dazzled yet. Hopefully one more coat will give the results I'm waiting for, less tie dye and more solid color. The cushions I'm covering had faded so much they were hardly even blue anymore, more like a light grey so they had a long way to go. Speaking of projects, I know I promised I'd be done once all my spray painting was finished but..... I had a spark of an idea that I think might turn out to be fabulous. I was cleaning out one of my guest room closets, packed with my sons belongings that he can now take to his house. As I stood gazing at the rare sight of an empty closet I couldn't help but think of the beautiful Lilly Pulitzer store I visited a couple nights ago. Wouldn't it be amazing to turn my closet into a tiny Lilly showcase? I see Lilly wallpaper, a white fluffy rug and all my beautiful Lilly clothing and accessories neatly displayed (contrary to the shit show they're in now). I imagine opening the closet would be like opening a door to sunshine and happiness, my own little gateway to heaven. Of course, when that's in my mind I have no choice but to make it happen and I believe it will be epic! There's no rush on my new closet, epic takes time but will sure be fun to chisel away at. But first, spray paint, two chairs and a table to go, a loveseat glider and cushions... I better get cracking! I've also got a few weeds to contend with and a lawn to mow, chickens to feed but as I work I'll be  daydreaming about my new closet plan with a great big smile.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts