Day 677 Drab to Fab

 

My outdoor couch cushion project so far is a success, although still only one side complete. I'm sure if you were just freshening up a color the process would be much easier. I was going from such a pale, washed out fabric to a true navy blue and holy cow did it take a few coats! The fabric spray is easy to work with, doesn't feel weird at all once it's dry and with the price of cushions, worth doing (although if you need several cans it isn't cheap. The cans cost about $12 a piece and I've rolled through almost a half dozen). I suppose even with the pricey fix I prefer to salvage rather than replace, we all know I enjoy making work for myself, but I love to see something transformed from drab to fab. I was outside spray painting cushions and a few more flower pots, working barefoot in my pj's, looking like a hot mess but enjoying every second of it, when my son arrived. He's here for a visit and I couldn't be happier. Within no time I had grandchildren, my daughter and youngest son all filling my house with stories, laughter and bringing their big appetites. We snacked, grilled steaks and six of us walked downtown to get ice cream before the rain came in. I rarely go out for ice cream and spent the entire walk home eating my small cone filled with black raspberry, if there's a next time, I'll order a kiddie cone. My grandsons were on cloud nine walking with both uncles, the four of them making plans for the next couple of days. Fishing was on the top of their priority list and once we arrived home they were all down at my river surveying the potential. My boys use to spend entire days along the riverbank, fishing, catching frogs, turtles, snakes and whatever else they could capture. We had a catch and release household rule, allowing them to catch all the creatures they wanted, check them out for an hour or so then let them go back to their families. My grandsons aren't as eager to capture critters as my boys were but I'm guessing they will be schooled over the next few days regardless. I'm hoping to get a couple beach days in, cookout gatherings and a chance to see all my outdoor seating filled with humans. Rain showers may have brought us inside for the evening but the forecast couldn't be brighter for the week ahead. I took the entire week off next week, ready for beach, time to finish projects, visit with family and spend time doing whatever I want. I can only imagine what projects I'll come up with.... the options are endless. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts