Day 694 Progress

 

Progress....my little room only needs one more coat of paint and new flooring to be complete. I picked up beige paint from Job Lot, where they had gallons for $14.99, too good of a price to pass up. I was pleased since I wanted something neutral, but not white. The fresh new paint gives the room a clean, crisp look and although I'm not usually one to select beige, the color works really well in the space. I finished clearing the floor, prying up all the carpet strips that were nailed down with an intention of them not moving for 100 years! I'll be checking out flooring now and will most likely post another photo once it's all finished, bragging rights required. Of course, my mom helped again, she did all the trim work as I painted the walls, working together making quick work of the small job. Neither of us had eaten dinner before starting so once painting was finished we went to the bowling alley, paint covered and all, for a wonderful dinner, lobster for her, steak for me. I finally brought her home close to 9pm like a bunch of teenagers. Time works differently in the summertime, 9pm in January might as well be midnight while in July it doesn't feel so late. The extended daylight makes such a big difference, thankfully since I have so much to do! I'll be hibernating again once December arrives, getting my winters rest with 7pm bedtimes and enjoying every minute of it. No time to hibernate now, friends coming over, 4th of July celebrations this week, lots of projects to finish but first.... fun to be had. 

Comments

Popular Posts