Day 695 Thrifting



 You never know what treasures you'll find while thrifting! As I walked through the store, filled with folks jumping on the trending, thrift shopping train, I weaved around them and found this beautiful little Norwegian, tired sewing box from the 60's. The price tag, $4.99, but after my senior discount of 30% would only cost me $3.49. These sewing cabinets sell anywhere from a couple hundred dollars upwards to over four hundred dollars. Thrifting is all about having an eye for quality items as well as being there at the right time and shopping often. The new thrifters walk slowly through the store, googling each item they think might land them a big resale price all walked right by this little treasure. Ok, so I don't sew and have no need for a sewing box, but it will make a fabulous jewelry box. As I shopped I was also painfully focused on a rash I developed on my lower back. The small patch of painful red bumps, started becoming more of a concern. Once home I had Tim snap a photo of the rash, so I could see it and send the photo to my sister in law to check out. We decided it must be shingles!! Seriously, what the heck?! I had the shingles vaccine, received both shots, putting great effort into avoiding the painful virus...and still, it got me! Six of my girlfriends came over for dinner and each of them took a look and confirmed my diagnosis. None of them seemed to care as they settled in for a fun night, all convinced it's not contagious. I felt as if I should be placed in isolation or sent to a leper colony but instead sat surrounded by friends. Apparently shingles isn't an issue, unless you're pregnant or immune compromised so my friends were safe. This virus  might be a good way to flush out any early pregnancy announcements... I'll have to watch who avoids me now. My friends advised I call my doctor first thing and get on antiviral meds asap, take time out of work if needed and buckle up for it to hurt. We all laughed when I told them about my last experience at the pharmacy drive through and the thought of me getting my antiviral meds, doubtful I'll get the same flirtatious greeting.  Of all the plans I've made for the summer season, shingles wasn't on my list but isn't that the way life goes. I may need to stay home for a few days and might even have time to rearrange some jewelry into my new little sewing cabinet....my rash may have a silver lining after all. 



Comments

Popular Posts