Day 696 Change

 

Pep isn't convinced we need to get rid of the old couch. Cats typically aren't fans of change and in my household it is constant. From furniture being replaced to a revolving door of friends and family coming and going Pep has had to learn to go with the flow, but not before making sure I know how she feels. Donating the couch is on my lengthy to-do list, hasn't worked it's way to the top yet but it's there. With company coming over for 4th of July I'm thinking it may become extra outdoor seating, why not? I called everyone I had invited to let them know about my shingles rash, in case they would rather avoid me. I had several friends opt out of coming over but a handful still willing to enter leper land. The doctor assured me that I'm not contagious and should only avoid pregnant or extremely immune compromised folks. Even if that's true, I completely understand being a bit freaked out by the sound of the virus...as if it's going to jump off my back and infect the world. Tim was at the beach club playing cards and my condition  was the talk of the club, sympathy for me, concern for him and warnings to stay away from me, oh boy! Not sure if being old qualifies you as immune compromised? If so, my mom would catch it for sure after days of painting together in a small room, I guess time will tell. I may need to make a small sign, warning people to keep their distance as I sit on the beach and hope I don't need to use the bathroom inside! The doctor prescribed antiviral meds along with painkillers and assured me that having had the shingles vaccinations will help reduce the severity of my condition. I wonder if he's just saying that to make me feel better about having the shots? Tim went and picked up my prescriptions for me, without incident and Pep and I happily snuggled in for the night. It's crazy how quickly life changes, healthy, happy and wise, suddenly wake up in leper land. I understand more and more how poor Pep feels, change isn't always for the better but she and I will make the best of things. 

Comments

Popular Posts