Day 727 Sparklers

 



Busy day working followed by a much needed, surprise sparkling night. With new tenants moving into the Green Hill house in a couple of short weeks, Tim and I have our work cut out for us. An entire house to empty out, clean, repaint where needed and a couple rooms in need of new flooring....is that all?? I focused on four rooms, thoroughly cleaning two bathrooms top to bottom and painting two rooms, walls and ceilings. I don't mind painting but ceilings are the worst, although make the biggest difference when painted crisp new white. I was only priming the walls and ceilings, so have another day or two of ceiling white and wall color to go in-between cleaning projects. It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate and how little of it we actually need. Once we get the GH house settled Tim and I may have to continue the cleaning process and trim down here at home... but at a much slower pace! I was up to my ears in paint when I received a text from Carol, inviting Tim and I over for dinner. Having only had a small ham and cheese sandwich all day I was delighted at the idea of being served a meal as much as I was thrilled to see my friends. I quickly went to my car to see if I had a change of clothes and fortunately found a dress, although no makeup or shoes. So I arrived at Carol and Rays with not a stitch of makeup, empty handed and barefoot, but thrilled to be there. Their house is picture perfect in every way, charming, tidy and decorated so beautifully it should be in a magazine and go figure, Carol worries about it being big enough!! Our beach group arrived one after another and by the end of the night all eight of us were together, sitting outside watching fireworks from nearby as if they were being fired off just for our enjoyment. Carol ran inside and returned with a stack of sparklers, which seem to have powers to turn adults into children. I sat watching with delight as my friends ran onto the lawn, waving the sparklers and dancing as if there wasn't a care in the world...who knew a bunch of old folks could have so much fun? Ray continued to bring food out after dinner, pies for dessert then onto chips, more chips with salsa until we were all stuffed to the brim. I sat there, surrounded by friends, happiness and never ending snacks and noticed the best paint color I've seen in a while...Iconic Column by Benjamin Moore, wall color for GH house selected on the spot as if handed to me by the universe. Not sure if it's a great idea to pick paint color late at night, after wine but we'll soon find out...who am I to question the universe?  We began planning our winter dinner parties, everyone vying to host, although Carol and Gerard are next in line so they will no doubt be the winners. I'm going to have to bring my A game next time our gathering is at my house, tough to compete with sparklers!! 

Comments

Popular Posts