Day 735 Stuff

 

98% finished with the house cleanup for one house as the other gets packed with items to keep. No time to find places for things yet, put anything away, so everything is packed in bins and brought inside to deal with another day. Tim and I are both exhausted, overwhelmed but equally pleased with how much we've accomplished. We dragged our tired bodies home, ordered take out food and as we walked through rooms filled with bins Tim asked if we could please just live like assholes for a week or so..... much to my delight. For the next week we will walk by the piles as if they are invisible, giving our bodies a rest and regrouping mentally before attacking the next project. If company comes by, they'll have to overlook the disaster, thank goodness our friends come by to see us, not our house! It looks as if we're in the early stages of becoming hoarders, time to clean out a bit more. Stuff accumulates, usually unexpectedly during big life changes. When I closed my 5000 Sq. Ft. dance studio, piles of stuff came home to be sorted, donated or kept. When my son moved he stored lots of stuff with me, even harder to get rid of someone else's stuff...then there's my kids childhood things, ugh. Seems I'm always battling an influx of belongings, fighting the good fight to keep things from taking over my space. Tim and I will be cleaning our shed soon, with relentless discrimination for items worthy of the real estate. I suppose I should clean out my closets as well, but that's a fall/winter project for sure. In-between all the work, priority needs to be placed on enjoying what's left of our short summer season, getting to the beach, summer parties and fun! We're also closing in on our wedding anniversary, a milestone we're looking forward to celebrating. We have vowed to always take the day off from work, spending the day together is the only gift we need/want....lord knows, we don't need more stuff!! 

Comments

Popular Posts