Day 744 Karaoke Style

 

It was so much fun singing with friends on a Tuesday night, Karaoke style. After the fun at last year's party I had requests to bring my karaoke party back one more time. One of those requests was from my 90 year old friend Dave, trust me, you don't say no if a 90 year old wants to sing. I booked the DJ, posted the party and made it happen in a couple short weeks. Karaoke is always entertaining, some people actually think they are rock stars while others (like me) are self aware enough to know we'll never get a record contract but enjoy singing with no inhibitions whatsoever anyway. Singing along with friends also helps, everyone encouraging each and every performance, cheering for one another as if we all sound great. When Dave got up to sing his trademark song by Simon and Garfunkel, Hello darkness my old friend, a few of us got up to sing with him, although within no time he had the entire room singing along, making it one of the greatest moments of the night. I sure do hope that if I live to be 90 I find myself in a room, surrounded with people that love me, singing my heart out with their encouragement. With all the drama that's been trying to drag me under, a fun night out felt like a lifeline being thrown my way..and was much appreciated. I've been trying to extinguish the flames that are trying to start dumpster fires and it sure is exhausting. I have been so distracted I didn't have any time to practice my singing.... had to just bring my raw talent with me and go for it. No one wanted to be the first to sing, they never do, so of course I stepped up, singing Tie a Yellow Ribbon by Tony Orlando, always a crowd pleaser and for what I lack in singing talent I make up for with my enthusiasm and ability to entertain. Once I got the ball rolling the line to sing was nonstop throughout the night. We closed the party with everyone singing another Tony Orlando song, knock three times.... fantastic last song to end the night and since it was my party I got to pick. Being in a room full of friends, everyone singing, laughing and encouraging one another was just what the doctor ordered, I might have to host this darn party again next year!! 

Comments

Popular Posts