Day 747 Beach Club Hopping

 

Dancing in the sand to one of my favorite bands, not a bad way to finish a long week. My friend invited Tim and I to join her and her husband at their beach club, we've been struggling to get together all summer and the timing finally worked out. I was eager to see her club, check out other club options and I certainly left with a desire to join. Amenities including a restaurant, bar, fire pits, live music each weekend...and valet parking, yes please. I wouldn't really be interested in the club during the day, the calm ocean waters protected by jetties would be great for young kids but not much fun for adults. The clubs nightlife however, tough to beat. Fortunately for me, I believe they have a "social club" membership for folks like me who just want to enjoy the nightlife. Apparently a few of our Green Hill friends are already members at both clubs, we seemed to be surrounded by familiar faces. The music was fantastic, although dancing in the sand gave us all an added workout and limited our dance moves. I had taken a bit of time to hem my maxi dress before heading to the beach and was glad I had since I was barefoot in no time.  Tim knew he was in trouble as we walked up into the air-conditioned bar/restaurant area, watching delicious food go by and meeting up with friends who sat chatting with the bartender. I quickly turned to Tim and told him I loved every single thing about the club....and he couldn't find one reason to disagree, other than the valet (Tim hates valet parking). Our RI summers are so short, but if we plan things just right we can pack a lot of punch into two months. How fabulous would it be next year to have our foot in the door of two beach clubs?? Why not? By the time we left I had determined what I want for my 60th birthday in April. One thing about my Timothy, he loves to make my dreams come true. I'm not for a minute wishing this summer away, but next summer sure is shaping up to be a good one. Life, after all, is what we make of it and nothing makes me happier than dancing in the sand on a hot summer night with Timothy.  

Comments

Popular Posts