Day 748 Beach Days

 

It was a beautiful day at the beach, from morning to night! I found myself, once again, among the first on the sand, although,  I set up in the same exact spot as I do every time I'm there, we're such creatures of habit. Before long I had company, my sister and brother in law finally back from a couple trips and my daughter and her family squeezing in one more beach day before school starts. The weather was spectacular, water warm and seaweed free so we sat, swam and soaked in much needed vitamin D. My beach friends were golfing all day but arrived in time for a dinner date, I wasn't sure they'd make it after a full day of golfing. Tim bagged out on dinner, eager for a night out with friends and not a huge fan of dining. The club had much more commotion than usual, everyone trying to grab these last few weeks and not let go. Summer doesn't end until late September, but once it's back to school, the impending doom of fall and winter heading our way is felt. I had written out a list of topics to go over with my friends, them visiting the Elephants in Newport was right at the top. The elephants will be gone the first week of September, so my urgent plea to them to make a point to go was noted and will hopefully be acted on. The discussion began with a host of excuses, can't go on the weekend, Newport is crazy, timing is tough.... ugh. A month from now if they haven't gone they will be sad to have missed the beautiful parade of wooden pachyderms. We went on to discuss important matters such as upcoming birthdays, planning dates throughout the New Year. Our beach club hosts a signature appetizer night the last Friday of the summer season, coming up next week! Once again, I'm at a loss for my signature app., can't think of a food, dish that I stake my name on but I'll come up with something. My friends are planning their dishes, eager to show off their cooking skills while I'm over here scratching my head. I have always loved baking and am a pretty good cook (if I do say so myself), but narrowing it down to one dish isn't easy. I may not have a recipe on the ready, but I do have a fabulous dress picked out for the night, priorities. My beach club may not have valet parking, a restaurant or tiki bar, but it sure does have the best people and traditions. Even Tim enjoys the signature appetizer night...wonder what dish he'll make? Kidding, somehow Tim gets to ride on my culinary coattails, getting dish credit without giving it a thought. First things first, another beautiful beach day in the forecast, beach towels in the wash, bathing suits hanging and cooler waiting to be packed once again. I'll be staking claim to my slice of real estate on the sand, eager for another spectacular day at the beach. 

Comments

Popular Posts