Day 750 Chick Flicks and Pizza

 

Dinner and a movie with my beach club gals made for an unexpectedly fun Monday night. My friend Donna organized our evening, dinner at Pasquales then off to the movies to see, It ends with us. I'm not usually a fan of chick flicks but I'm always game for a night out with friends. Ten of us gathered for pizza and cocktails before the movie, many of them chatting about how anxious they were to see the film after reading the book. I'm not a reader and can't remember the last movie I watched but enjoyed their banter and enthusiasm, always happy to tag along. We met a couple more friends that skipped dinner but joined us in the theatre, our large group swallowing up two full rows of seats.  Theatre's sure have upped their game these days, luxury reclining and heated seats along with trays for food and drinks, not sure why it took so long for all this!? I brought my travel shawl, knowing I'd want a blanket inside the theater and was glad I did. I sat in the cold theatre, snuggled under my shawl/blanket like an old lady, amazed at how many people were out and about on a Monday night. There wasn't a man in sight inside our theatre, only girls and women of all ages, eager for a good cry. The movie was well done, tough to show romance mixed with domestic violence...ugh. I might have to pick the next movie! I'm more of an action/adventure kind of gal, especially on the big screen. My summer beach friends have morphed into year round inland friends with ease. I suppose there's no complaining about a dozen fun friends added to my collection, after all, I am a woman of abundance and always up for a good time, even on a Monday night. 

Comments

Popular Posts