Day 754 Hang on tight

 


After a long week, there's nothing like sitting back and relaxing with friends. Each year my beach club hosts a signature appetizer night on the last Friday of the summer.....how could it already be here!? After much thought, I made my key lime pie dip with individualized bags of cookies for dipping. Dips are tricky at parties, as delicious as they might be, its tough to stand near it long enough to enjoy, without being rude.  There's also the potential grubby hand or two dipping in and the horrific risk of the double dip. I avoid all that by prepackaging my dip, keeps the grubbiness out and cookies fresh. I may try this again with a veggie dip, wouldn't it be nice to grab a baggie of veggies and a little plastic covered container of veggie dip? The appetizer tables were impressive, shrimp, deviled eggs, mini baked potatoes, dumplings and countless other dishes...yum. My brother and sister in law even joined in the fun, not always easy for them to join the evening events with a forty minute drive home, but I'm glad they made it!  There were less people at the event than in years past, guessing the colder weather kept some folks home. We all sat out on the deck, snuggled together on the little couch until the cold wind got the best of us, forcing us inside. I had been waiting to wear my pretty sleeveless, Lilly maxi dress and nothing was going to stop me. The first battle was it's length, which would have been perfect if I were six feet tall. My mom hemmed it about six inches but it was still way too long, was it made for an Amazon?  I searched to find the tallest shoes in my closet and was delighted to find a pair that gave me the height I needed. The dress, although beautiful exposed much more cleavage than anticipated, hello Busty Malone! Thankfully, I had the perfect pink shawl, working overtime to keep me warm and Busty underwraps. My friends took turns trying on my tall shoes, curious to see if they would be able to walk in them and making us all laugh. I don't have trouble walking in high heels, years and years of practice and have always enjoyed the extra height they give. Apparently, I''m the shortest of all my friends, but you'd never know it from photos. Give me a 7" heel and and take that tall girls, I'm the biggest of the bunch. As we sat, sadly saying goodbye to our summer nights, we began planning fall gatherings and next summers fun. My poor friend Carol is an introvert by nature and somehow the universe placed me in her life's path. She's marking her schedule for all our outings with special notes for the dates I'm away, no doubt, rest days for her. Flipping the calendar and onto September, good thing summer isn't officially over until the 22nd, I'll be hanging on tight. 

Comments

Popular Posts