Day 755 wearable Sunshine

 

And so it begins... my Lilly Pulitzer closet is in the works! Tim wasn't feeling well so although the sun was shining, I opted to stay home with him. What's a gal to do with an entire day inside, laundry, dishes and closet creations. Organizing things isn't easy, do I categorize by work/fun clothes, winter/summer clothes, long/short dresses, ugh, the options make me crazy. This little (and I mean little) closet is now fully devoted to anything and everything Lilly Pulitzer. I went around the house, inside dressers and various other closets and if it was Lilly, it was quickly put away in its new spot. A few things were learned along the way, #1 I may or may not be a Lilly-oholic. #2 I'm kind of an ass (I'll explain why later). #3 OH, how I love clothes (didn't we know that already)? I was filled with such joy as I hung each piece in it's new home, thrilled I'll be able to easily locate each item without looking through random designers....Kate Spade excluded from the randoms. Sure, I love other designers, there's absolutely a time and place for Lilly fashion, but when its called for, wow does it earn it's spot at the top. My Lilly clothes seemed to be pulled straight from the woodwork of my house, they kept coming, fabulous item after fabulous item, all making me smile with delight. I have doubles of more than a few of my items, some in the same exact size...here's why I'm an ass. If I see a Lilly at the thrift store, I buy it, even if I already have it, to prevent someone else from wearing the same thing as I am. No one wants to show up at a party wearing a fabulous dress, only to see another woman wearing the same dress, fabulous or not!! So I buy them, sorry/not/sorry... I would be happy to give them to a friend, as long as she checks with me prior to wearing the item to be sure never to be twinsies. I apparently also have the habit of buying the same print in multiple items. I have one print in a jumpsuit (x2, since I found a twinsie thrifting), pants, dress, handbag, I must have really liked that one! Before you add up my closet and think I've spent a fortune, it was 97% second hand. I purchased the majority of my collection either on Ebay or thrifting (where you find the best vintage Lilly) along with gifts from my friend Dawn (she loves to spoil me with Lilly). I have found so many fabulous items thrifting, yet, I'm always on the hunt for more. I've got a long way to go before my closet it finished, still digging out clothes and have handbags and scarfs to go. OK, so the rest of my upstairs looks like a tornado went through it, but my little closet is a small slice of heaven. Imagine in the dead of winter opening this closet door (once I have the door put on) to find summertime waiting! Maybe that's why I love Lilly so much, it's as close to wearable sunshine as a gal can get. 

Comments

Popular Posts