Day 756 No Pumpkin Spice for me

 

It was a perfect day for an indoor brunch. The beach clubs annual tradition often has me dragging myself off the beach to sit inside, missing out on the sunshine. Once again, Mother Nature gave me the perfect day, off and on rain showers with clouds so I didn't miss out on sunshine. We sat around all afternoon, chatting, eating and making plans for the fall. My older friends (the vintage gals) are eager to get back to our weekly Mahjong games once the weather turns cold. I want to figure out how to organize a Mahjong tournament for next summer, so fun! The Green Hill Beach Club is heavily into High Low Jack and that's it.... ugh. I don't play the game, no interest in it so would love to see a tiny smidge of diversity in the clubs game play. Several of my friends and I want to teach our husbands Mahjong over the winter, they would love it and then could join my 1st tournament. We have one more official beach day of the summer before switching over to winter club, I'm still not sure how the season flew by so quickly?! Some kids are already back in school, others starting this week so there's no denying fall is here, pumpkin spice and all. I was feeling a bit headachy and had a sore throat, unsure if I was getting sick, when  I suddenly realized it was allergies...even my body knows fall is in the air. I'll be sad to see my bright summer clothes put away, not as big of a fan of fall clothing or the need for jackets. I'll be a rebel and wear white after Labor Day, because I can if I want to and I hate those silly "rules". Who made these crazy rules up anyway? My brunch friends loved my beautiful dress but once again commented on my cleavage, not in a bad way, just amazed that I rocked the v neck so boldly. Well, why not? I happen to have a fabulous figure (even when I'm a few pounds off) why try to hide it? We all laughed, calling me Busty Malone, who I thought was a fictitious character from my imagination but seems to be a well known imaginary busty gal. I tried to google the name to see if she was ever a real person, came up with nothing, probably a good thing, our imaginations are typically so much better than reality. We're all hoping for a great beach day to end summer on a sunny note and it's champagne Monday on the beach so might be a long one! Yes, another one of those yearly traditions, each Labor Day everyone brings champagne....lots of it and our beach becomes a big party with bubbly. No pumpkin spice for me...not yet! I've got a bit more summer to celebrate.

Comments

Popular Posts