Day 757 More Sunshine Please

 


Me and my beach crew soaking up the last bit of summer sunshine. The beach was filled with friends, everyone bringing champagne to celebrate the end of another fantastic season. Each year we  end up together early evening to toast, friendship, sunshine and to seeing each other again next summer. The weather was perfect for our celebration, thankfully the only weekend rain came while we were inside for Sunday brunch. As we gathered and posed for photos I rethought not walking down the beach wearing my cover up...but what the heck, I look fantastic. My body isn't perfect, perfection doesn't exist and I'd wager a bet that although it's not the best I've ever looked its probably the best I will look going forward. I don't mean I'll let myself go, just that I'm not getting any younger...next year I'll be sixty and will probably still wear whatever the heck I want. Time seems to jump ahead while we're not looking, how on earth am I almost sixty??? I appreciate each moment, glad to still be here, enjoying life to its fullest and still have my whits about me to know how lucky I am. I'm eternally grateful for my health, happiness and  the universe that works so hard to take care of me. As we toasted to the end of another fantastic summer season, Tim and I quietly toasted to one another, thankful to have each other... so in love.  I do wish the summer was a little longer, I still have projects to finish that will now have to roll into fall. I'll be scrambling to get everything accomplished before winter sets in, fall is a mad dash to complete my vast list of to-do's. I'll be hoping for one or two more beach days before the cool air forces us inland... or at least inside and into more clothing! Give me a few more beach days then I'll be ready for fall, pumpkin carving and leaf peeping, but first...more sunshine please. 

Comments

Popular Posts